Saturday, February 14, 2009

FREAK !!

This book I'm reading is boring.
I don't want to be a director.
I don't want to be an actor.
I would like to design sets only I'm dimensionally challenged and I've tried to fix it but in reality, I don't want to design sets.
I would like to design costumes but I'm better at putting together outfits out of already designed clothes than drawing up a pretty dress. But really, I just like the idea of being able to draw disproportional people and get away with it.
I like to make props. But I'm to lazy to measure stuff...so I wouldn't be a good person to hire for real.
I love the theatre. But I think now, my place is in the audience. I love watching shows. I know enough about the theatre world now, I can make educated critiques of the work, something more than "She was good." Actually she wasn't good. In fact, she played that character in the last play she was in.

But in other news, I've applied to Watauga Global Community. I want this more than anything right now. The picture here is what I sent in with my application. It's an untitled self portrait of sorts.

The yesterday, I learned a new version of hand over hand. It reminded me of why I'm in the audience now and why I love this path that I'm on.